Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Basic .Net 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainit123

Technical User
Jan 24, 2005
I have Visual Studio .NET Standard inside of which is Visual Basic .NET. This is from Michael Halvorsen's commercially available product, "Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Step by Step". I do not have the Setup Wizard described in Chapter 14, only the Setup Project icon.
Will I still be able to create projects that I can burn to CD and distribute, even if I have to do it manually?

And, what level of Visual Studio do I need to have the Setup Wizard? Advanced? Professional?

Yes you can create projects you can burn to a CD and distribute. It is the Setup Project that you need to use.

The setup wizard is just a wizard to help you create a Setup Project instead of doing it manually.

I too have that book - great book for reference. Take a look at page 372 (chp 14), where it starts a section on using the Setup Project instead of the wizard.

Thanks very much for the post.
I did find that I can use the manual Setup Project without the need for the Wizard. Looks like everything that I need is there.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back