Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

visual Basic code

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaine011

IS-IT--Management
Jul 4, 2003
CA
how do I view ALL of the visual basic code at once?

Not possible.

Code is contained in form module or standard module containers.

You can view a single module or you can arrange modules (Tile/Cascade) through the Window menu.

In that case, how would I do a search in all of the code. Basically, my problem is that in my form, when I press the next record button, it is doing an insert into a lookup table that I did not intend. So I want to find all cases of the insert command in the code to eliminate this problem.

Or you can print it out.
Hit CTRL+P for print, select "current project".

Cheers,
MakeItSo

[blue]The last voice we will hear before the world explodes will be that of an expert saying:
"This is technically impossible!" - Sir Peter Ustinov[/blue]
andreas.galambos@bowneglobal.de
HP:

Oh in that case you can just hit CTRL+F for "find" and select "entire database

That won't search the code though. There has to be a way I can see where the code is doing an insert.

Ahhh ... but it does search all the code.

Select the string of characters that you want to search for; press CTRL-F (as MakeItSo instructs); and click the "Entire Project" radio button. The "Find Next" button will find successive occurrences of the character string in all the VB code (forms, modules, etc.) in the project. It doesn't find them "all at the same time" however. You must scroll through them one at a time.

I did that, and I looked for the command INSERT, which would definitely be in the code, as it is inserting into the wrong field, and it comes up with nothing.

The search facility works OK.
Try reaching for something you can see and prove it to yourself.

You need to be sure you are selecting the correct scope for the search with the option buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back