Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Basic 6 won't display user document

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhuffst

Programmer
Jun 23, 2003
US
I have an old program that I am not able to move to .net as it will be phased into another project. We are moving to Window7 with IE 9 environment and I have to make ths program run for the next forseeable year or two.

It works fine under an xp environment with IE9

I've created a new project just for testing and have fixed many issues such as the project not seeing the controls and am down to displaying the actual user document.
The project consists of

1. Standard exe file that has a form which basically calls the userdocument form with the following code.
Code:
Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim strForm As String

' strForm = "[URL unfurl="true"]http://"[/URL] & gHtmlWebPath & "/udDSP2xp.vbd" --> this is the original line of code.
   Debug.Print strForm
   strForm = "[URL unfurl="true"]http://""C:\Program[/URL] Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\Test\newTest\udDSPNew.vbd"  --> this is the userdoc (active x)
   frmDspNew.WebBrowser1.Navigate (strForm)
   frmDspNew.Show
End Sub

2. Userdocument is an active X form
Has one userdocument called udDSPNew which is compiled to a .dll

Normally when the main program is compiled and is run the userdocument is executed automatically. I was getting unable to display the page error so I addeed the click button so I could trace it easier but I still get the same issue.

I've registered the dll in system32 but still am unable to display page.

Does anyone have any guidance or info on how to resolve this issue? Any all all help is definitely appreciated as I have strugged to rebuild this project for the last 2 months.
Thanks in advance
lhuffst

I should have added that I'm not getting an error but the .vbd file is opening in a visual basic container and not the ie web container that I expected. Again thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back