Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Basic 3.0: Is it possible to make an Exe file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pangomp

Programmer
Mar 24, 2000
DE
Hello to Everybody!<br>
<br>
Unfortunately I have to work with Microsoft Visual Basic 3.0. Is it possible with this old version to make an exe file from a code-programm?<br>
<br>
Sorry if the question is a little bit stupid, but till today VB was not my field.<br>
<br>
Thanx in Advance.<br>
<br>
Pangomp

When you have Written your code go to File Menu and select <br>
'Make EXE File'.<br>
<br>
Good Luck,<br>
Bob<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p>Robert L Norton<br><a href=mailto:2dogs@webace.com.au>2dogs@webace.com.au</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Yes All Microsft Visual Basic's since ver 1.0 have given you the ablity to make a .EXE<br>
Just not the Basic's that come with the operating system FREE. like Qbasic...<br>
<br>
<p> DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

&gt; Is it possible with this old version to make an exe <br>
&gt; file from a code-programm?<br>
<br>
You know that version 3.0 will produce a 16-bit .EXE file, right? It will still run on Win95 and later (the 32-bit platforms), but you won't be able to take advantage of all the cool new stuff.<br>
<br>
Chip H.<br>
<br>
<br>

I was makin Exes with the VB-Dos version times ago, oh with the VB3 you will least be able to use the Win16 API, Some people I ran into thought API was only availible in Win32(Win9x/NT) <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML, ASP(somewhat), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back