Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visto Home Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutech

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2001
US
Any one know of a hack where I can disable a user account in Vista Home like can be done in Vista Business?

I don't have one to test with at the moment, but try this from a command prompt:
net user username /active:no

(If username has a space, use double quotes)

I have used this old XP Home workaround program in Vista Premium successfully. You can download it from this *temporary* private housing.

AccountView Setup.exe

NCS AccountView - Windows account manager

"NCS AccountView is a power tool for 2000/XP/2003 account management. In addition to the standard account management functions, it offers the option to create Groups in Windows XP Home Edition, as well as management of hidden accounts. It also allows you to restrict login based on time of day (e.g only allow user to login during business hours). Additional features include account import and export, display of SID for each account and more".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back