Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista Ultimate and Outlook 2K7 Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdfi13

MIS
May 24, 2005
US
I am having some serious performace issues when running Outlook 2K7 with Vista Ultimate. There is a like a 3-5 freeze every 5 seconds or so. I have disabled cached Exchange mode so I am pulling messages directly from Exchange. Also, I have disabled the new Indexing option.

I upgraded to Office 2k7 before when I was running XP and it worked great!

When I close out of Outlook on my Vista machine, the OS itself runs great.

It has something to so with the combination of Vista and Outlook 2k7.

My machine is a brank new Dell XPS M1710 Intel Core 2 T7400 2.16GHz, 2 GB RAM.

Thanks for your help.

OK, I disabled the auto tuning option, and I am still having the same issue. I even uninstalled Outlook 2007 and went back to 2003 and it is having the same issue. Again, while running it XP it works fine.

At what point are you seeing the freeze, is it retrieving or sending messages, or just checking for them, is it all of them or just one function, is it constant or sporadic?

Is Task Manager able to pin point any problems, such as spikes in the CPU usage?

Is there anything showing up in the Event Viewer in general, and perhaps the Microsoft Office Event logs, that may throw some light on the matter?

Are all user profiles on the computer seeing the same slowdown?

Do you think it may be possible to eliminate the unknown cause by using these articles?

310353 - How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP

316434 - HOW TO: Perform Advanced Clean-Boot Troubleshooting in Windows XP

310560 - How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP

How about cleaning out your Temp files via Disk Cleanup? And looking at the overall health of your Drives by running ChkDsk /r from a Command Prompt. You could even try SFC /Scannow from the Command Prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back