Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista RDP profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texkonc

MIS
Aug 13, 2007
US
I have a Machine that runs vista home premium, we have two RDP profiles on the desktop. It always reverts back to a different one every time they want to log in. How do I make it so that it will connect to the one that is in that profile?

There must be a language gap, as I don't understand your post. If they click on the proper profile on the desktop then I dont see how it reverts.

If the two profiles are connecting to the same machine, then it seems as if one user name changes then it will try to connect to that one after that. So i think that one saved user name to connect to one computer is all that windows likes.

I didn't understand initially either, but now I do. If you don't save the remote credentials in the connection data, yes, the next time you start a RD connection to the same remote machine, it will assume the same remote username.

To resolve, this create 2 different RD connections & save them with credentials- In the options on the General tab, deselect the 'always ask for credentials' option and save the connection with a unique name. Do the same for the second remote user credentials & save it with it's own name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back