Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista login

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2005
US
I have a vista machine that has a user password. That user is no longer working for me, and I can not login on her machine. Is there a way to bypass her account?

You may have to ask your ex-employee for the password.

User login issue

There are many sites that can help you further with lost or forgotten passwords (Google for instance) but this site for security and ethical reasons does not support that policy. Sorry about that, but if we can help in any other way please try us again.

The user was leaving town, and I do not have a forwarding address or phone number.

Sounds like you have a bigger problem then. Every employee that leaves your company should have an exit interview where they sign non-compete papers and provide new address and phone information.

If you have Vista Ultimate and it's a domain PC, one of your domain administrators should be able to help you.

Good luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back