Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista Internet Explorer close itself 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseusa

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2007
US
I am usin Vista, whenever i click "e" t open ie, it open and then close/disappear itself. i scan with Nortorn and no virus found. How can i solve this problem..?

Try it in no add-ons mode. Click the Start orb, type Internet and you'll see Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)

it does not work but when i right click on "e" icon and click on "Run as administrator" then it run fine. I login as administrator then why i need always to click "run as Administrator

That's quite strange. For testing, create a new windows user account & see if IE works correctly in that user account (you can delete the testing account later). I still suspect that the problem is not IE itself, but something tied to IE (do you use google desktop search?)

I created new account as Admin and ie runs without any problem in new account, yes google desktop search installed.

OK, so that seems to indicated that it's not really a problem with IE; it's something related to your normal user account. And if I were a betting man, I'd bet on GDS.

First, make sure that you've updated to the most recent version of GDS. If using the most recent version doesn't cure it, somewhere there's an option for GDS to index IE's history files - disable that option & see if it cures the problem.

As a side note for my own information, is there something about GDS that you prefer over the search function already built-in to Vista?

Thanks for reply Smash, i removed all Cookies, histories, GDS and it works fine now. Let me install GDS and lets see the result, and i will post update later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back