Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista Format - Internet connection issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidprince

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
AU
I reformatted the hard drive on my desktop computer with Vista Ultimate and now have a problem accessing the internet from that machine. In Device Manager the Network Adapters (Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC has a yellow warning on it (other devices SM Bus Controller is showing the same problem). I went to the dellforums website ( and found their 26 million odd drivers, downloaded a couple of recommended driversto disk and tried transferring to the desktop computer. Not sre if that was done correctly, as it didn't fix the problem.
Any suggestions please.
Thanks
David

After you transferred them to the desktop did you try to install the drivers? Go here and look for Vista and WinServer 2008 Auto Installation Program (SID:1568647) choose one of the download servers on the right, The Canadian site is usually pretty fast compared to the US and Chinese sites. I got it in 22 seconds, once downloaded, go to the folder and extract it, then go to the extracted folder, and click the setup, it will install the latest generic drivers and the yellow ! should be gone, may have to reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back