Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista error c60cpxml.dll" is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinLegs

Programmer
Jan 14, 2003
NZ
Greetings all. I have an ABC app (C6.1 v9034) which has been running fine for years. I have recompiled it using the same settings but have probely updated Clarion since last compiled.

Now if the program is run under Vista it reports that "c60cpxml.dll" is missing and wont run but it appears to be fine under XP.

In the Project > Properties the 'Run Time Library' is set to 'Local' and the 'Build Release System' checked.

I was on the understanding that Clarion automatically included any DLL's etc. it requires?

Any idea's as to where I am going wrong would be greatly appreciated.

I now note that the 'c60cpxml.dll' and another DLL need to be shipped with your program if using the XML templates so I guess I may have answered my own question however I had decided not to use the XML templates and thought I had removed these templates and all reference to them from my app.

I am not using the Clarion XML or any other XML templates but I have yet to find within my app the reference to XML which is causing this problem so I do not have to ship the XML DLL files with my program. Any idea's what I am missing?

Many thanks

Further to my problem. After experimenting with the XML templates I decided not to use XML at all but can not seem to remove all reference to them and the association files from my app.

for example:
INCLUDE('CPXML.INC'),ONCE
INCLUDE('XMLCLASS.INC'),ONCE

How do I go about removing all reference to XML from my app so the DLL files are not required?

I could just ship the DLL files with my program but would prefer not to.

Thanks.

Hi!

You need to make sure that you have not used any global/control/extension template of CPXML. Check the XMLSPRT.tpw in the Template folder. It contains templates to export/import to/from XML. Make sure that you have not used any of those templates in your application.

You could download the free template utilities from
and after registering the template, run the Application Information template utility (Information about your app(Ver 4.0)) to help you find the offending procedure.

Then force the project to Generate ALL source again and check.

Regards

Thank you very much ShankarJ

After spending about a day trying to find the problem I had it fixed in about 30 min. thanks to your advice.

The free 'Information about your app' tpl was certainly a great help. Although I had removed all XML global templates etc. it turned out to be an orphaned embed that was using the 'ToXML' code template in the Main Frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back