Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista Bios Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2004
GB
Hi All.
Im hoping that someone out there can help me with this as im a little puzzeled.

I have an Asrock P4V88+ mother board which works fine and within windows XP restarts and shuts down when you press the button. However I have just upgraded to Vista, and the upgrade went nice and smooth however one this happened that i didnt expect.

It wont shut down or restart, it seems to go in to low power mode all the time and hang.

I click, shut down it logs off and says shutting down but then the screen goes blank and the pc is still running, I click restart and the same.
Does anyone know if this is due to the bios needing to be updated and if so has anyone out there got one of these boards with the updated bios?

I have checked the asrock web site and there is no bios updates on there for this board. Can anyone help please.

Thanks

I am not familiar with your board but have you tried setting your Bios to the Safe Default setting?

Does it Shutdown from Safe Mode?

Shutdown troubleshooter (xp)

Are there any clues in your Event Viewer?

When you shutdown using the Start button and clicking on the Power button icon, Vista does not shutdown, it goes into a sleep mode. To completely shutdown, click in the arrow to the right of the Power button icon and you will see multiple options for shutting down, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back