Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista and Sidekick 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

softwarehotshot

Technical User
Feb 23, 2008
US
Trying to install SK95 on Vista brings up an error msg stating SK needs Window NT 3.5 or greater and won't go past that msg. (I had no problem with the install on XP others indicated in the FAQ in the forum) but it will not install on Vista. I have so much data installed on SK it is not practical time wise to re enter all the data.
Does anyone have a solution to how to install SK 95 on Vista? Reply to swhotshot@aol.com?

Dear softwarehotshot,

I would suggest that you Load/Install Sidekick 98 as it installs perfectly on Vista and will open all your Sidekick 96 files.
Make sure that you install it in
C:\Starfish folder and not in the
C:\Program Files\Starfish folder as stated here in Tek-Tips
See
Sidekick 99 with Vista
thread807-1384064

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort!

Thank you James33. Now I need to obtain a copy of Sidekick 98. (my copy is SK 95). Since it worked so well, I never saw the need to upgrade) Other than EBay, any ideas were I can get a copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back