Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista and PSPX

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyMocha

Technical User
Jan 21, 2007
US
Ok, so I am realy upset with Corel and Microsoft right now. I LOVE my PSPX and wouldn't trade it in for anything!

I have upgraded to Vista Ultimate build 6000 and now PSPX refuses to even load. I am soooo fed up.

Has anyone else got PSPX and Vista running, or is it just me? Does anyone know of a patch or do I HAVE to go out and buy PSPXI now (which I didn't like on the trial so uninstalled originally when it was released).

I ran a compatibility tool from Microsoft BEFORE I did anything to make sure my stuff would work ok, and it didn't mention ANY issues with it. Grrrrr.

I downloaded the updates and all, but it just hangs and hangs then won't respond. It's really annoying.

Someone help me....please? I'm about ready to strangle someone. Who's first? Corel or Microsoft...hmmm tough call.

Thanks in advance.

Minty

I've run Microsoft's tool and Dell's. No mention from Microsoft but Dell gives me an amber warning, not quite red. It also gives me a warning on Outlook 2007 and Vista Update Checker from Microsoft so I'm not sure how good it is. [surprise]

Learn something new every day
Using Crystal 8, Oracle Database Paint Shop Pro X1 Nikon D80

I read numerous articles on it beforehand and everything indicated I would be ok. Afetr running the compatibility tool, I figured I was home free!

I've spoken to someone else about it and a friend of hers had the exact same problem as me and has had to go over to XI now. *sigh* I've got the trial ready to install again. Maybe it will work better for me on my new improved machine at home as opposed the POS I had it installed on at work.

Just a heads up though...PSP7 and Animation Shop DO work with Vista. I haven't installed & again myself, but a friend has. I DID install AS and tested it out - works just fine! She has 7,8 & 9 running with Vista and says she has a few issues with 9 yet 7 and 8 are fine. Now all the rumors I read were that 8 was the one that would have problems. *sigh*

Anyway, I wrote to Corel about it, so let's see if they can offer any advice as to what can be done.

Minty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back