Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista And OCX OBJECTS (Register them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbl1167

Programmer
Oct 2, 2006
US
We still have an application written on Access 97. We have one machine with Windows Vista and I need to show the calendars that belong to the Activex Object MSCAL.OCX
When I try to register the activex object I get the following error: "c:\windows\system\mscal.ocx was unable to add/remove itself to/from your system. Install/remove the control using a separate setup utility."

Any idea on what can I do to solve this problem?

Thank you

How are you attempting to register this MSCAL.OCX?

Have you tried your luck installing Access 97 with the Compatibility Mode of an earlier operating system?

Errors using multiple versions of Access under Vista

You could also look to the general MS Office forum for expert help.

Here's your other thread
Windows Vista and Activex Calendar Objects
thread702-1381393

I've had the same issue, and I discovered that even though I am logged in as an administrator, I had to navigate to c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe and RIGHT CLICK, then select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Then my OCX registered just fine.

Vista permissions eh!

Hope this sorts out your issue too.

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back