Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visioneer Strobe Pro - scan without OneTouch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmillerl

MIS
Nov 15, 2002
US
I have a Visioneer Strobe Pro XP 200. I've been trying to get the it to work within an imaging application that works with TWAIN driven scanners. I've installed the TWAIN driver for it, and can select it as the scan source within the imaging application, but when I try to run a scan the OneTouch window pops up stating that the destination is invalid. I want to bypass this window altogether and let the imaging app manage the scanner through the TWAIN driver. How do I do this? I tried running Scanners and Cameras configure (under Control Panel) and deselected option to run OneTouch when paper inserted or the scan button pressed. Now, the scanner doesn't scan at all. Please help!

Thanks,
C Miller

There should be software installed with the scanner. One of the programs is a "setup" program to choose defaults when the scanner is accessed.

Yes, One Touch configure allows you to choose defaults. However, I want the scanner to scan within another application and have the image be usable by this application. The application works with most TWAIN drivers. I have been unable to find a way to use the scanner without having the OneTouch application pop up when scanning inside the other application. When I set the defaults to not bring up OneTouch when scanning, the scanner won't scan at all.

Hopefully, the above explanation is clearer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back