Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visio2000 pro and Windows 2000 pro will open file

Status
Not open for further replies.

vark

MIS
Jul 18, 2000
CA
We are able to install Visio2000 on a machine running Windows 2000 with Office 2000 (various computer hardware).&nbsp;&nbsp;However, as soon as we try to open a file (ie. template or existing document) we receive the message that visio32.exe is in error state.&nbsp;&nbsp;Microsoft has not been able to help.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Anyone seen this?

If this is a full new installation this will be tough to track down. If the Win2000 and Office2000 have been on the machine for a while you might try a full wipe and re-install. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most ...

Thanks.&nbsp;&nbsp;We just found the fix.&nbsp;&nbsp;First open Excel without opening an existing file. Once this has been done you can install Visio.&nbsp;&nbsp;And make sure you virus software is disabled.<br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back