Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visio to DB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krotha

Programmer
Nov 5, 2000
US
I created database design in Microsoft Visio Professional 2003 and wanted to migrate entire schema into DB2, how shall I do it. Any help is appreciated.

Have you looked at the database export function? Not sure what menu it's under though, I usually use ERWin or some other database design tool.

Also, you might want to post this in an Office forum since it's not really a 'general' database question.

According to this article:
[tt]One common question that we hear from people using the Database Model Diagram template in Visio is "What happened to the Generate and Update commands?"

The short answer is that the Generate and Update commands are not available in the Standard and Professional editions of either Microsoft Office Visio 2003 or Microsoft Visio 2002. The Generate and Update commands are only available in Microsoft Visio Enterprise Architect edition and Microsoft Visio 2000 Enterprise Edition.[/tt]

Leslie

In an open world there's no need for windows and gates

Hmm.

If you can't generate a database schema from Microsoft Visio Professional then what's "professional" about it?

Cheers, Mike.

erm, the price you paid for it, maybe? ;-)

< M!ke >
[small]"Oops" is never a good thing.[/small]

Oh I dunno, harebrain. Man's ability to screw things up is boundless.

Cheers, Mike.

That's why we have Crippleware *Professional* [sup]TM[/sup].

:)

Reminds me of plastic scissors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back