Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visio 2007 Standard and Professional compatibility 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickthorp

Technical User
Jul 2, 2008
GB
Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to use Visio 2007 Standard to edit the *text only* of files created by someone else (original author) with Visio 2007 Professional, then return the edited files to the person using Professional without the original author losing anything in the process?

Since the beginning, the basic program is the same, the difference is in the extra stencils and add-ins.

You can do a fair bit of editting on a Visio Pro document in Visio Standard, including changing the text. You can not add new Visio Pro shapes, but if they have already been used on the document, you can use those shapes that reside in the local stencil. The only caveate is that if the shape runs an add-on when it is dropped on the page. That functionality will be missing.

John... Visio MVP - Visio.MVPs.org

Thanks very much indeed John for your comprehensive answer. I'll just have to cross fingers that my client never uses adn add-on!

Nick

Most of the time it will not be a problem, but I had to add the warning. From what you describe, there should be no real reason to worry about not making the changes.

John... Visio MVP - Visio.MVPs.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back