Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visio 2007 missing Dimensioning stencils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servamatic

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2003
US
Anyone else missing the Dimensioning stencils in Visio 2007? Did MS move them somewhere else? I have tried adding components through Add Remove Software, but that stencil doesnt even show up in the list.
This is on an XP PC.

Richard S. Anderson, RCDD

In Visio 2007
Do on the Files menu
--> Shapes
--> Engineering
--> Mechanical Engineering
--> Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (US or Metric)

(This may not be in Visio standard )

John... Visio MVP - Visio.MVPs.org

Looks like I do have Visio 2007 Standard at work, and I don't have the Engineering section in my stencils either.
At home I have 2007 Pro, and have everything. Guess it just is not included in the Standard version.
Thanks for the response.

Richard S. Anderson, RCDD

The difference between Std and Pro is that Pro has additional stencils and wizards, the program itself is pretty much the same. A drawing created in Visio Pro can be opened and manipulated in Visio Std.

When Visio adds shapes to a drawing, it copies the master of the shapes from the stencil to a special area of the drawing called the local stencil.

So it is theoretically possible to use the dimensioning stencil in Visio Std.

John... Visio MVP - Visio.MVPs.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back