Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visio 2000: How to override shape / layer protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobi1

Technical User
Nov 16, 2004
CA
Hello,

I am using Visio 2000 and specifically File ==> New ==> Software ==> UML Diagram ==> UML Use Case. Within that I can drag the Use Case symbol onto to the page but I can neither resize it, nor add text to it.

I get the message "Shape protection and/or layer properties prevent execution of this command" when I double-click on it, like I would any other symbol (i.e. Package), to insert text. Also the border all show padlocks so I cannot resize the symbol.

If this was a restriction that could not be overwritten it would make it use severely limited, so what is the work around I cannot find?

Thanks!

Right click the shape, select Format, and click Protection. Unclicking the Protect paramaters will allow you to resize and change other properties assigned to the shape

Thank you for the tip. Although I see the now see the standard green marking indicating I can reshape the entity any attempt to do so simply moves the document instead. Any more insight?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back