Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i and SBS 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdservices

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2005
FR
We are running the above combinations and every time that I change a VirusScan setting it is automatically restored to the previous setting within a few minutes. Clearly there must be some process running but I have no idea where.

Anyone help please?

Andrew

Hi

You must be running another McAfee product called ePolicy Orchestrator (EPO) in your environment

EPO is a management product which gives an administrator the ability of managing all VSE 8.5 installations on all machines, including policies.

EPO enforces policies, therefore any local changes will be reinforced by EPO to whatever the policy is set for this machine in EPO.

I would find out whether you are running EPO as this is the only logical answer for your question.

Thanks

McAfeeGeek

Right, I think I have found it, it is called McAfee Protection Pilot and the relevant piece of the software had not been installed to manage the settings that I needed. Hopefully it will be OK now.

Many thanks for your help

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back