Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I want to know what type of graphix to use to make a fake virus. You know, I need an Idea of what people expect viruses to look like

Virii don't look like anything. They would be a little hard to depict.

Try a blue screen with a text message in the center:

Please insert volume serial number 2F77:A15E in drive C:
VCA.gif

Alt255@Vorpalcom.Intranets.com

"The bottom line is that almost all software ships with significant bugs and performance limitations."
Michael Spertus in Software Development Times

TO COOLDUDER:

Alt255 is right. Viruses don't usually display a message that they're doing some nasty stuff to your system...that kind of defeats the purpose.

TO ALT255:

That's a good one!

Suggestion: Since you're in QB...write a program that displays warning messages like:

"UNKNOWN PROGRAM is bypassing CMOS Virus Protection..."
"attempting to detect memory address of UNKNOWN PROGRAM."
SLEEP 5 'This will give them a little scare.

"UNKNO PROGGRAM memmmori abdress NoT returndd."
'says: UNKNOWN PROGRAM memory address not returned
"T9rail ctArted:+"
'says: Trail Started:"
"Videeo uffer unnstabl/corruptd'd"
'says: Video Buffer unstable/corrupted
SLEEP 1 'Acts as though the computer is doing something

"ard DRiv Ruut being r-ritten"
'says: Hard drive root being re-written
SLEEP 2

"WInndoows SyStm ffiiles chkechsuuums aDOo NOTll m@chh"
'says: Windows System Files Checksums do not match'
SLEEP 3

"VIirRus Foud in SyysCtem!!
'says: virus found in system
&quot;systtem curruptd:...lostlostl.>\..>.<.r-re-innstal OS &hG789 !! SOS !!&quot;
'says: system currupted...lost...re-install SO! Sos!
do while ucase$(inkey$)<>&quot;T&quot;:loop

Actually, just reading this is somewhat funny. Mind you, after you tell them it was a FAKE, they may not let you anywhere near! their computer(s) again.

-MiggyD

Well, it depends on the person.
People who knows nothing of programming and computers, will get more scared of graphical drawings, like a worm, and a message: &quot;You have a virus!&quot;
People who knows normal, will not fall for the first, but might believe some normal text.
Maybe a message: &quot;Formatting drive C: ...&quot; with a fake percent measure and a fake hard-disk operation (just modify the same file all over again).
People who know computers, will never fall for something that silly and unrealistic...
Though I have a friend that fell for something similar... :) Cheers
Erez Sh.

Dudes thanks for the input I know what you mean and I should have asked what type of graphics to use for people who believe that a virus should have graphics. Sorry! but thanks for all the coll help I really appreciate it and I hope to see ya later
John 3:16, and remember God isn't going
to kill you for reading fantasy novels.

I saw an interesting billboard for McAfee Antivirus by Network Associates on the 101 Freeway between Palo Alto and San Francisco.
It was a supposed virus screen, which showed a message similar to
You have been
inf cted [sic] with
a virus
with each word written backwards, and upside down.

hehe, that's funny Toshi.
--MiggyD &quot;The world shrinks more and more with every new user online.&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back