Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

virus threat path

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodwf

MIS
Sep 20, 2005
CA
I keep getting a threat detection on my anti virus with the path below:

C:\users\RodField\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\rod_field@atdmt[1].txt

When looking up the path i get to Windows folder but there's no cookies folder on this path, anyone know why this is?

Do you have your folder options set to show hidden files and folders? If setting that still doesn't show them then try setting the view to show protected operating system files.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.

Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

didn't work, still not able to see the cookies folder.

Copy and Paste the path, e.g. C:\users\RodField\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\ directly into Explorer...

Certain folders are protected from viewing using the normal click navigation, e.g. the IE cache, you can get around this by using the direct path...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Alternately, you could use CCleaner or IE's tools to clean out your cookie cache.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back