Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virus Software for Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

marzIT

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2006
CA
Hello All,

Does anyone know what is a good Antivirus Software that I can install on the Exchange 2003 Server.

Thank you,
Marcelo

TrendMicro ScanMail works well.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

I'll second the TrendMicro stuff.

GFI's MailSecurity is pretty cool, tool. It uses multiple engines for various vendors.

We've got several hundred servers running Symantec's Mail Security for Exchange. It works, but isn't my first choice.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Does anyone know where I can purchase TrendMicro ScanMail for Exchange 2003 if i'm located in Toronto, Canada.

thank you,
Marcelo

You can order direct from or if you have a software house you normally use for licenses (such as Microsoft Volume Licensing) they usually carry it and at a bit of a discount too.

Regards,

Mark

Hello Mark,

I tried installing ScanMail on my exchange server, I followed all the steps and it started installing and it looks like it stopped around 50% and it has been almost 2 hours trying to install ScanMail so I'm cancelling because I don't think it is work.

exchange server 2003 has the latest service packs
Windows 2003 server has the latest service packs
I don't know if the issue could be that the Server is Dell Server but it has a Xeon CPU.

please let me me know what you think.

Marcelo

I believe it creates an install log. Maybe check that to see what it got stuck on. Are you installing the Trial Version or paid version? If paid version then you should be able to get free technical support from TrendMicro I believe.

Regards,

Mark

I highly recommend Sybari's Antigen (now a subsidiary of Microsoft). I have used this product for several years and never had a virus slip past it (combination of virus scanning plus file filters).

We use the McAfee GroupShield for Exchange 2003 and have had good results with it. It seems to catch everything tossed at it plus some. I have it set to update every hour and havent had an email virus slip through yet. I also restrict attachments so it blocks any executable file like exe, bat, etc. that virus's usually come as. I only let Office files through and being that strict has saved us from any infection in 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back