Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virus sets password, cannot login

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdapp

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2002
CA
I have just run across a wierd virus. It sets a password on the accounts and you cannot login. When you finally get a password assigned, as soon as you login you get booted out. This happens in normal and safe mode, so basically, you're shut out with no other option but reloading the OS from scratch.

I have run a full scan and have found netsky and bagle variants N and Z.

Any help on getting around this would be helpful.

if you have symantec corp. i know the cd is bootable and it will automaticly boot the system and scan for viruses and hopefully delet them, i only know that symantec corp. dose this i dont know about any other virus scan, hope this helps. also you can go into dos and delet the files if you know the names of them but it sounds like a registry problem so its going to be tuff, you might have to reinstall the os. heh nasty virus, ya kinda want to give thes little shits some credit for the stuff they can do...

I have now had this happen to two different computers. I have ran antivirus scans and found numerous viruses including netsky, valla, gaobot and bobax. None of these exhibit any of the problems I have been experiencing. I have scoured the registries as well with no success. Basically I have reloaded the OS on both machines but cannot let my client's know what exactly happened. Inquiring minds want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back