Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virus mail scanning program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2001
US
Hello all,
I am a newbie when it comes to Lunix so I decided to come to the right place to ask this question.
We have a Lunix Red Hat server that forwards mail to 2 different email domains depending on the recepients name.
Is there any type of virus software that will scan the mail for a virus before is forwards it?
There probably is and I am not looking int the right place.

Thanks in advance.

Hi !
There are various antivirus programs which scan ur mail & attachments b're sending and also b're they are delivered to the user.The best example is of MailScanner+f-prot & you can install SpamAssassin alongwith to fight SPAM.If ur interested drop me an email and I will let u know how to do it?

hi spider
I wud recommend you to use Trend Micro Interscan viruswall for Linux which probably is the best anti virus currently available for a gateway machine like the one you have, apart from having SMTP protection for you gateway you can also have FTP and HTTP proctection from the same module and also you have optional plug in available e- Manager for anti spam etc. Do try it they provide a 1 month trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back