Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual W2K Server on XP Pro, max connections? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cv7713

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2009
US
Hey All, first post here. Looking for a good tech forum. Won't bash, but "other" forums have been unproductive. You all seem like a good group. [thumbsup]

Here's my question, if I have a VMWare W2k server running on an XP Pro desktop, will the W2k server have the same maximum concurrent connection limitation of 10 as the host (xp pro) operating system?

My problem is I have Syamantec Endpoint Manager on an XP Pro machine. Once I added more than 10 clients I started having communication errors. I don't have a spare server to install the manager on and don't want it on my application server. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

-CV

How is the VM session connected to the network? You are likely to get into trouble if you try to use NAT, but if you switch to/use Bridged, then the VM would be 'directly' connected to the network and should not be hindered by the limitations of WinXP.

Thanks for the response. The w2k is set up as bridged.

Thanks Linney for the link to petri. Never been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back