Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual Voicemailbox on SBX IP 320

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreLuke

Technical User
Jun 10, 2021
US
I am currently trying to fix our office's phone system; it's a Vertical SBX IP 320 which was installed in 2011. Due to a power surge or something, it lost all of it's settings and reverted to factory default, and the company that installed it (which was long before I worked here) doesn't provide support for it anymore. I'm trying to get it back up and running while we research a newer phone system.

I managed to find a copy of the PCAdmin program to connect to it from a computer, and I've got everything back the way it should be in the settings, except for the voicemail. The way we want it set up is to have all stations ring when there is an incoming call (which I have set up by adding all stations to the CO ring assignment,) and then if no station picks up we want the call to go to a virtual voicemail box. I can set up the virtual voicemail box easily, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to tell the system to route the call to it if it isn't answered.

I'd appreciate any tips; even if you're not familiar with the SBX IP 320 system specifically, if anyone can let me know what the technical name for what I'm trying to set up is (for instance, does it sound like I need to add the virtual mailbox to a hunt group? to the CO ring assignment?) or how you would do it in a similar phone system, I think I could figure out the specifics for my system.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I do not know that system, but if you do not need to have a main greeting (Auto Attendant) or mailboxes for each user then see if you can setup a mailbox to be associated with the DN/Ext of reception (as example) then under phone programming look for a setting similar to Forward No Answer and point it to the DN/Ext of the voice mail system.
This way you will at least get a light or notification of sorts when a message is left.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back