Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual Station Voicemail Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatlesfan1

Programmer
Mar 25, 2009
US
I have created virtual station 3001 to be used solely for voicemail routing the caller from a vector; I tried programming an aut-msg 3001 onto my desk phone to receive a voicemail light when there are messages in 3001, but it does not illuminate. Wishful thinking on my part?

In desperate need to save RTU ports, so I am trying to monkey around with virtual stations.

Thanks!

Please let us know the CM version and phone type you are using.

In Modular Messaging and Aura Messaging you can set up email alerts to send you .wav copies of the messages. I find that handy for department and other virtual mailboxes. That option will depend on your voicemail system, of course.

You have the the button programmed as aut-msg-wt 3001 ?
If so please post a screen shott of the sta

G3RV11 - Trying to set up the vm light on a 6416D+
We are using Audix VM.

Setting up Message Manager sounds like a real good option/suggestion.
Users being old school, they would probably like the light, but MM I think would be a good alternative.

Any other suggestions please share, but thank you Zero and ddog

you can use the vdn number if you wish , look at the above posts and take the kind hint.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

That you all for your input. I am close, but a little lost...

If I set up the VDN as described in one of those links I need to point it to a vector.
How am I setting up this vector to route the vdn to the voicemail box?
Please excuse my ignorance...

Thanks.

Here is a copy of the helpful thread:

fbs003 (TechnicalUser)
24 May 07 03:21
Late addition:
I've got an aut-msg-wt button for a VDN working (G3 V13 with Intuity Audix 5.1).
Phoneguy55 is right, it won't light if there are messages already waiting, you need to clear and test again.

Set up VM box (same as the vdn) On VDN page 2, set the Audix name. On the station, add the Aut-msg-wt button with the VM ext, works for me.

Avaya docs says can be a VDN but can't be a virtual ext.
About to test on a G3 V11 with Intuity Audix.

The vector needs a command line:

messaging skill xxx for extension yyy

Where xxx is your voice mail hunt group and yyy is an extension. yyy can also be a VDN variable (V1, V2...) if necessary.

Calls will then be placed immediately into the voice mailbox of yyy to hear the greeting and leave a message.

ZeroZeroOne, this was big, thank you. Tested good.
I appreciate your helping me out in all aspects of this endeavor, it is very much appreciated.
All the Best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back