Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual Server for One X ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dthszn

Technical User
Oct 23, 2008
US
I am looking to set up one-X portal for the first time. The company would like to make it a virtual server. I know that Avaya does not support this in R5, but has anyone tried it and if so, does it work? I don't want to go to R6 yet.

It shouldn't even know that it is running on a virtual server compared to a physical one, good question though, someone out there has probaly tried it.

Have done this and it works.
Be sure you use the latest version of 1XP!

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
APSS UC
ACA - Voice Services Management

Just make sure the host server is well speced. Our 1XP is usuasbly slow. but it is on a good server that is also exchange, file server and running 4 virtual machines.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

I have seen a couple of heavy servers where the 1XP runs slow.
I have installed it on a desktop with server 2003 and it is unbelievable fast.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC

we run 2008 64 bit.

Might put 2k3 on a spare desktop and give it a go

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Thanks for all your input. I think we will be trying it later this week. I will try to update later with my results or questions if I can't make it work. Thanks again.

Mine stops working after a day on a virtual server. I don't think it's an issue with the virtual server though.

I think it is!
I have had it running for a couple of months without an issue (except for me breaking it)

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC

Do you mean a problem with the virtualization or a problem with the server setup?

Can be both.
It should not be a problem when you use the latest version.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
APSS UC

I meant I don't think it's a problem with the virtualization. I think it might be an issue with the server build itself. ie group policies and such.

Just an update on what happened. I have 1X working on a virtual server. We could not get it to work on 2008, but works great on 2003. When we tried it on 2008, it said that everything installed, but would not put anything into the services to turn on. The other thing that I found is that on 2003, I had to set all of the internet options back to default when using Internet Explorer. It was not a problem with firefox. Does anyone know a potential cause of this or which setting it doesn't like? There is some cool stuff on 1X. Thanks for everyones help.

I was just reviewing some of the documentation. Could this have been your 2008 server problem?

"Windows 2008 Server IIS does not support legacy IIS applications such as Campaigns by default. This is rectified by reinstalling IIS from the Windows installation disk, and selecting Legacy IIS support.

wow.. I can't read... I was having issues with CCR on a virtual server.. not 1XP..

My CCR issues resolved themselves as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back