Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual PC Performance writing to Shared Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

maurella

Technical User
Mar 12, 2002
US
I am trying to use Virtual PC for compiling code, and that is working very well; the time it takes is only a small percentage over how long it would take on the host. However, in the end, I want to copy the results to a shared folder on the host so that it can be available to the group. I am finding that writing to the shared folder from the Virtual PC takes way too long. I notice that the copy process on the virtual pc is consuming a lot of the cpu processes, and, on the host, the virtual pc process is pretty much pegged also. Normally, a copy that would take under 5 minutes is taking more like two hours. I am using the NAT networking and have plenty of RAM. The host is running antivirus, but I do not see the antivirus process consuming much in the taskmenu.

Does anyone have and idea of what is causing this? Or, does anyone have any alternative suggestions for getting the files to the shared folder.

Thanks,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back