Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual PC: no domain login if integration features enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2002
US
Im not sure what caused it, but suddenly I cannot log into any of my VMs (xp mode or any other user created VMs) if I have the integration tools enabled. If I disable integration I can usually log in.

I can usually bypass the problem by removing and re-adding the VM to the domain, but after a reboot the problem returns.

at first it was just one VM, now they all do it.

Also at the same time, apparently out of the blue the VMs suddenly adopted a local security policy that enforced password complexity requirements. None of my GPOs, etc are set that way. Needless to say the local user account on the VMs of user/[blank] now will not allow me to login.

Any ideas?

What if you give the Users on the VM's passwords and make then use it at Login?

You might be able to use this MSKB on the VM's to revert the Security (and local polices) back to default settings.

Use the Vista instructions in this to reset to default the security settings.

How do I restore security settings to the default settings?

Does it make any difference if the users are removed from the Domain and then added back in?

Are the VM's getting updates from Windows Updates?

In the Integrations Features settings is everything ticked for sharing that needs to be shared or accessed?

You might find a better outcome on this special VM site.

Windows 7 Virtualization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back