Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninetoes40

Technical User
Jan 5, 2010
US
I have an extension that logs on using virtual office. Sometimes when he logs on it takes over the phone where his extension has an appearance. I have other people that have their key 0 on multiple phones, mine included that never have this problem. Has anyone run into this?

Thanks, Dave

Hello Dave

You might need to check what phones have a CLS = VOLA ans VOUA. These settings will allow virtual log in and will override the "host" phone whilst logged in.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Thanks Firebird. All of our phones have VOLA and VOUA in the COS. The user has his extension on 3 other phones, one is on key 39 on one and keys 5 on the other two. I never have that problem when I use virtual logon, not sure whats going on.

Thanks, Dave

As far as I remember, on older releases if one key is in use of the set you want to log on, you will not be allowed to log on only if no key is in use it will work

Hey Dave,

I have a feeling when using VO to login to a MADN, it simply takes the first entry that appears in the list when you do a PRT/DNB? You could test this on your system, make a change to a TN that has this DN, it will move to the top of the list, now when you VO to this MADN, you should get the TN you just changed. You just need to make sure the set you want them to VO login to, is the first in the list when you PRT/DNB. I think......

nortelvet.

All,

I found the problem. Every TN had the same password of 7277 to logon. I changed the password for the TN in question and it works fine now.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Dave

Thanks, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back