Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual MiCollab cloud hosted

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpasca

Technical User
Feb 25, 2016
ES
Hello,
Has any of you managed to run vMiCollab with teleworked/AWC successfully using a cloud provider such as Amazon EC2, Azure or VMware vCloud?

We're trying to do that and running into problems due to NATing, and I'd love to hear about your experience.

Thank you!
Raul

If you have a single server your out of luck
single server ( server gateway) requires public IP on WAN interface - you possibly cant get them to do that
for 1:1 nat you can use a clustered MBG
- this means 2 servers ( additional MBG)
The TW address can then be 1:1 natted to teh internal; address of the MBG server

AWV is no problems on single server , its only TW that isnt supported unless Public IP is natively assigned

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thank you for the info Billz66.
As I'm doing it withing VMware's cloud, launching another instance will be easy, the only thing will be purchasing another MBG license.
It's possible to do 1:1 nat, so I'll try to work with that.

Do I need the webproxy blade on the second MBG? Also, in the Engineering Guidelines I can see that the 2nd MBG has to sit in a DMZ. Do you think a software DMZ created using virtual routers will work? I remember reading on these forums that it has do be a physical port.

Again, thank you so much for your answers.
Raul

thats related to the Network profile

they can live in same subnet - set MAS to lan and MBg to DMZ
set weight of MASS MBG to 0 and DMZMBG to 100

licenses are just shared from micollab to MBG - that way you can use UCC or standard MBg and just apply them to Micollab

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Mivoice business express

1 ext IP
1 Int IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back