Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual Loop Backs - SL1100 - Extension Capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameside

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2018
GB
Hi.

I have setup virtual loopbacks on the SL1100 in the past to help with auto-attendant routing to extension ring groups.

As I understand it, there must be the required number of both trunks and extensions free to allow the feature to function and route the calls. The last time I did this, there was ample capacity, and everything worked great.

Looking at doing the same on a sister site, but the SL1100 base chassis is maxed out with cards. Trunk wise it would be fine, there is enough trunk capacity spare, and the trunks show up as loopbacks in the trunk list in the Web Pro config. The extensions won't show up in the Web Pro config, and I am trying to determine if capacity is available.

Slot 1 has an 0841 + 2BRI - 8 digital, 4 pots, all in use. Both ISDN in use.
Slot 2 has an 080E + 2BRI - 8 digital, 2 in use. 1 ISDN in use.
Slot 3 has an 008E - 8 pots, all in use. No ISDN card installed.

In theory, a single chassis should be able to accommodate 24 digital ext, 12 pots, 36 in total? 8+4 on each card slot? With the above, I have 16 digital, 12 pots, making 28 total.

I cannot get the loop backs working at the moment. The loopback trunks show in both the Web Pro and PC Pro. The loopback extensions show in PC Pro, but not in the Web Pro config?

I am pretty sure I have made all the changes I need, but it is not working. I have notes from the last time I did this, but I am questioning myself if there is enough free capacity?

Is there is enough physical capacity for this to work?

Thanks.

I’ve answered my own question. The additional slot 1 and slot 2 cards are 8 extension max, with daughter trunk cards. So 28 max extension stations on chassis 1.

I’m assuming you can’t “disable” station ports to free up physical capacity?

Ok so I thought I would check the manual and wouldn't you know it, the SL1100 features and specs manual has nothing about the feature, I did however come across this in an 8100 manual, it may apply.

Conditions

When viewed on PC programming it is possible to view the assigned virtual trunk and extension ports, however, if this configuration is uploaded to a system it may be necessary to initialise command 10-42-01 to 0 and then re-assign the required number of loopback ports. Care should, therefore, be taken to ensure that all relevant ports are reassigned accordingly.

May be worth a try!

Edited to add, the system has a max of 52 ports so you should have spares to work with unless you are already using some virtuals.

Hi. Thanks.

I made a silly error. The extensions themselves didn’t have extension numbers. The extensions now appear in WebPro, and I can try to see if it works as expected later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back