Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual Folder Performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe21

Technical User
May 9, 2013
IT
Hi all,
I need your help!
on our system OT (Productive) we detect performance problems while navigating through Virtual Folder.
If we try to navigate through a Virtual Folder ("Doc" example) the page is always loading without giving any result (likely timeout?) (the other Virtual Folder loaded successfully, albeit with an excessive load time) and with the very long time query execution.
You can give us some guidance on how to optimize performance?
or is there some parameter to be set to avoid timeouts?

This is the error page that is after some time

HTTP Error 502.2 - Bad Gateway The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are "".
code 0x00000103

thanks in advance

The VirtualFoldr product that OT produces in old livelink 9.7.1 and earlier is an inferior product compare to the new CS10 offering.What version are you on?

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Exactly...Livelink 9.7.1

It tries to build queries ineffiiently on llattrdata.There is really nothing you can do other than making sure llattrdata
have all the indexes as well as by trial and error add indexes etc.Perhaps try to understand form the user group what makes Virtual Folders very
needy in your org.You may be able to alter the code to use sarch instead of sqlqueries but I am thinking out loud it is not easy.My advice is get to CS10
it has been certified on very,very large datasets.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Do you have some logs to go along with the browse request ? how many files are in that virtual folder ? have you spoken to OT Support ? are you on the latest patch sets for LES 971 and Virtual Folders ?

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back