Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual Extension 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

imeldesign

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2004
US
On our Nec 2000IPS / neax 64 VM we have a few virtual extensions to forward directly to cell phones. I would like to set a new one up using Matworks. I am not sure how to do this exactly since there really isn't a LENS number.
Thanks in advance.

Melanie

Thanks. I do this in MOC in Matworks so can you give me a hand on the steps after I enter command 9.
F9
F8
then what?

I want the exentsion to be 2526 and i will set it as station on my 32 button phone so I can forward it from there.
Thanks

F9 11 F8 000 F8 and keep pressing the Enter key until you reach a LEN that says NONE.
Then simply type in the new extension followed by F2.
Then F9 E600 F8 2526 F8 9,XXXXXXXXXX where the X's = the number it is to be forwarded to.

OK, finally got around to creating a virtual extension. I forwarded it to my cell phone 9, xxx-xxxx. I want to change my voice mail message to add press 1 to be transferred to my cell phone. I entered 2558 (virtual extension) under 1 on the one key dialing.
When you call my extension and let it go to voicemail and press one it transfers to 2558 but it goes into voicemail and asks for a password. It is not tranferring. I have checked *5, and *6 and both are forwarded to my cell.

Nec 2000IPS and Neax 64

Can you play the part of the VM and transfer the call yourself in the same scenario?
Sounds like a VM issue.

If I direct dial the virtual extension it goes to my cell phone. If I dial my real extension and let it go to voicemail and press 1 it transfers back into voicemail and asks form y personal security code. Same thing happens if I dial 2558 once in voicemail.
I set it up in voicemail the same as the emergency pastor on call which is transferred to a cell phone number as well. I have that one as a station on my desk phone and change it regularly to whom ever is on call.

Let me try and put this another way.
The VM is nothing more than a Dterm that answers calls by going off hook thanks to PC control. While you use blood muscle and skin to lift the handset or press the transfer key the VM sends the answer/transfer protim packet from the PC directly to the PBX again via the Dterm circuit it is connected to.
The best way to trouble shoot these issues is to "Be the VM". Method acting trouble shooting enables you to see whether the issue is with the VM OR the PBX.
So designate a Dterm set as a "Pretend VM port". Forward your calls to it and then answer the "Pretend VM port" (just as the VM would). Then press the transfer key (just as the VM would), dial the virtual you are trying to transfer to (just as the VM would), then release the call by hanging up (just as the VM would).
Does the call go through or does it recall straight back to the Dterm set?

Ok can you then transfer to 9 + the number and release?

yes, transfer + 9, XXX-XXXX works and goes to my cell

Ok now we're getting somewhere.
Can you confirm the tenant of the trunks?
That would be CM 3001>trk #>?
Then check Cm 29 for that tenant. CM 29>XX>?
The diffence between you dialing vs the virtual forwarded is that when you dial you use the tenant of your station. When the call follows the forwarding it uses the tenant of the trunk which may be pointed to another numbering plan where 9 does not = LCR. Just a hunch.

As far as I know we only have one tenant. Tenant 01. I may be wrong. When I go into MOC and put in CM 3001 + F8 + 01 + F8 I get digit error. If I do the CM 29 with 01 I get NONE.
The weird thing is I have one other virtual extension that was set up when the system was installed by the vendor. He may have created another tenant for that.
Hope this helps.

When I set these up I create a new VMail Box for the virtual (2558). Set the after Greeting Action to Say Bye or Hangup, I also set the Transfer To option to "X," or "2558,".

The comma causes a pause after dialing and allows time for the transfer to setup teh trunk call.

If this dosen't work you might try using Call Forwarding Don't Answer.

Hope this helps,

Victor

Victor,
That is how my other transfer to cell phone works. For some reason this new one isn't working. I have done both. Set After action to Say Bye and to Hang up both with transfer to 9, XXX-XXXX and 2558 but it still goes to voicemail box and asks for the password to the box. I will try again this afternoon and see if it works.

The reason the call is ringing back to the voicemail, is that there is not time for the outgoing trunk to setup and stablize before the transfering station releases.

Try seting the virtual to Call Forwarding Don't Answer to the cell phone. Command E602>2558:9,NXXXXXX

If this works try setting the Transfer To Option to 2558 and add a comma at the end, this should give you a pause after dialing before hanging up.

Victor

Newbie Question ---

How many virtual lines can and acutal line have, and how can I set them up if there is more than one? Also when I print out my "Station Data List"

===========================================================
Starting Ending

TN 1 TN 1
STN 1000 STN 8999
==========================================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back