Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

virtual directory on remote server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2003
US
I am trying to set up a virtual directory on a seperate server from the IIS server. The problem is whenever I try to access the pages stored on that server I am getting a HTTP Error 401.2-Unauthorized. I know this is because the account that the IIS server is running under is the IUSER which doesnt have access to my seperate server. How am I supposed to maintain security yet use seperate server as virtual directories? I have been spending a couple days on this. any help would be appreciated.

If the two servers are part of the same domain, I'd remove anonymous account and apply access to a specific domain user with only permissions to the specific folder that the virtual directory points to.

If the 2 boxes are on separate networks, I'd investigate the possibility of adding a trust between them. This may be a bit of overkill just for one virtual directory though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back