Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual Directory on a hosted account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2005
GB
I am running my website through a hosting company.

I would like to create a Virtual Directory. Is this possible as I don't have access to IIS?

I've actually been able to open the connect to hosted servers with the IIS console from my PC with some hosting companies. Give it a shot.

If you can code in vbscript or .net, you could also use code to create it.

Ray D'Andrade

On any PC with IIS installed on it, including Windows XP, Open admin tools in the control panel. You will see Internet Information Services, open it. Click action in the toolbar and choose connect. Type in the name of the hosted web server like Sometimes this works, other times it doesn't.

If you have some programming experience, look at . You can put this script into an .aspx and put it on your site. Then open the page in a browser to run the script.

FYI...In a well run, security conscious hosting company, they will probably block access to both of these methods.

Ray D'Andrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back