Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual Constuctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonoo

Programmer
May 17, 2000
US
Hi<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;Why I can't have my contructor as virtual if I am<br>deriving any classes from it ? If I want my constructor<br>to be virtual how to achieve the objective<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Regards<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Moonoo

Hi,<br><br>The construcor is always virtual ! I mean it is more than virtual.<br><br>If you have classes like<br><br>class A&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>and <br>class B : public A<br><br>Then Any construcor of class B will call the A(void) Constructor of class A, unless you make it call some other Constructor.<br><br>The best you can do here is do not define A() in class A. <br>So B(xyz pqr) will not call anything from class A !! <br><br>you may want to have a look at this...<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= site for Debugging !</a><br>Try this site for debugging...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back