Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viper770 video card - have I any chance to start Xfree86 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manganus

Technical User
Jan 5, 2000
SE
I used the Christmas nights to set up a RedHat (6.0) Linux on my home computer, and it works great with one exception:<br>
<br>
It could be very nice to have an X-server up and running, but Xfree86 and I havn't yet agreed on how to do with the video card on the computer. It's a Diamond Viper 770 (non-Ultra) in an AGP slot.<br>
<br>
For the moment I do not care for bad resolution or few colors, although 85Hz vertical update frequency would be good for my eyes, I think.<br>
<br>
I hope there must be some way to let the Xfree86 and the V770 to come on terms. I've tried to tell Xfree86Setup about the videocard not having much memory and me wanting 256 colors, but the only thing that happends is an errormessage nr 111 from some unix-to-X-socket.<br>
<br>
<br>
(this question is put also in the Linux (server) Forum)<br>

Refer to answer in Linux(server) forum <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back