Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vines Enterprise Client under XP ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello everybody,

i tried hard to run the Win2K Vines Client on WinXP but
with no success :-(

Did YOU run it on XP? If yes, please let me know, because
i need it running on XP. Thanks.

mailto:dampfwalze@gmx.de

Greets Mark

Hello dampfwalze!

As far as i know, Support for Banyan Vines is upto Windows 2000 only...XP support only TCP/IP and IPX/SPX protocol, so it's time to move on...LDAP or Active Directory..,actually, we have the same problem...

I have it running under XP-Pro with the W2k client (IP encapsulation), but it is not stable at all. A BOD apears after a few minutes.
Cheers,
Andre

The Banyan VINES client 8.64(2) for W2K is working fine for us in Windows XP Professional environment. Using IP encapsulation, naturally.

Regards,
/LSL

I am having the same problem. I am using, well trying at least, Banyan 8.64 on an XP machine. I keep getting error code: 65535 when attempting to login. Can anyone help?
Thanx!!

use IP encapsulation and configure it with the ip addresses of you servers. It is not seeing a network adapter with the right protcal installed in the computer

Hi LogSL,

can you please let me know what settings you used for the IP Encapsulation in XP to get the client working. Would be great if you could answer today as i need to get the XP system running today.

mailto: derek.brown@vodafone.com

thanks Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back