Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viking PA 2A not timing out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

telemarksman

Vendor
Dec 19, 2007
US
I put in an ACS R6 for customer who had an old IP Office that he did not like.
He had an existing Viking PA2A paging / loud ringer combo already setup.

Now when he hits the all page button I think it is *70, but it may be *71?

Anyhow, because he is an older gentleman he does not hang up his Ext.10 after one of his employess answers him via hands free answer back.
So after about 25 seconds the Ext. 10 which originated the all page starts getting an obnoxious busy tone type of warble?

Any ideas on programming an auto disconnect situation?

Thank you all!

alwayslearning

That is not the Viking. That is a normal Partner 'You left your phone off hook' signal. The only thing you can do about it is to hang up your phone.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

budbyrd, Thank you
I told customer repeatedly that he needs to hang up his phone.
Apparently one of his previous systems may have done a " time out', or an automatic disconnect.
So he is adamant I figure this out.

But I keep telling him to " Hang up your phone!"

alwayslearning

He is not using handsfree answer intercom HFAI because it would disconnect when the calling party hung up. He is pressing his speaker button to answer the call. Check his phone to see if the HFAI button is lit. If it is then all the caller needs to do is dial Intercom *(star) and his extension. If he is originating the call he needs to hang up.
Mike

The owner is doing an all page because the employees are highly mobile in the Auto repair shop

alwayslearning

as the originator he has to hang up no other option except to call the users direct extension. The IP Office does what he asked to have done but he does not like it.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back