Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ViewSonic VB2130B DVI-Display Port Headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orrin77

Technical User
Jun 2, 2010
US
Hi there,

I have multiple ViewSonic vb2130b monitors that are not displaying anything when connected to an HP 6200 desktop. The HP 6200 desktops have VGA-out and HP's Display Port. I am using these monitors in a dual monitor setup in all instances. The secondary monitor only has VGA input, forcing the ViewSonic monitors to use DVI cables with a Display Port adapter. After swapping DVI cables and DVI-DP adapters, I found that the DVI input on the monitor is DVI-I while the cables we are using are DVI-D single link cables. Regardless of which cable or adapter we use, the ViewSonic VB2130B will display for a while, however if any changes are made to the resolution, the monitor will go black as if it's not receiving any signal.

I was curious if anyone else has experienced this issue or could perhaps shed some light on underlying factors.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks,
Orrin

to avoid issues, I'd suggest using identical monitors in pairs, without adapters. You're seeing what happens when you don't. If you must use the second VGA only monitor, try using it with a separate VGA video card...
Sometimes adapter cables for dissimilar connections just don't work. I once had an adapter cable for PS2 to Serial for a mouse. Hooked it up, and the mouse started smoking, got hot. That adapter was not a good idea... you may have something similar in the video realm...

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back