Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Views in Access 2000 Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notchback

Programmer
Aug 25, 2000
GB
I am trying to design a view in an Access 2000 project linked to a MS SQL Server 7 backend. My problem arises when I add tables to the view. The only field I can see is the "All Columns" field. I cannot select individual fields. This does not happen when I look at the Northwind sample project. It seems like a pemission thing to me but I just can't seem to crack it! Help me please!!! [sig][/sig]

You seem to have to grant right to the view AND the underlying tables. I had problems with views a while back.
It seems like a bug to me.

[sig][/sig]

ColinM, Thank for the reply, but I have permissions on the view and the underlying table. The connection between Access and SQL use the 'sa' account as well. In fact I have replicated the Northwind sample permissions and it I still have a restricted design view! Why me? B-( [sig][/sig]

What about creating the view in query analyzer?
like this

CREATE VIEW titles_view
AS
SELECT title, type, price, pubdate
FROM titles

[sig][/sig]

Creating the view in Query Analyzer is fine. That works a treat. My problem arises when I try to create the view in Access. I know it's not much of a problem, but it just saves switching between apps. ;-) [sig][/sig]

What about in Enterprise Manager as it is pretty much the same as Access project?
You could always reinstall Access & SQL Server if you've got spare time. :)

Then still have the same problem!

[sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back