Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

viewrpt.cwr needs access codes after server change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarsDue

Programmer
Jul 10, 2001
DK
I have build my own webinterface for showing reports on the web and all was working perfect. Then I installed Crystal Enterprise on the hosting server and copied the files from my test server to the hosting server. All still seemed to work right up until the piont where I call viewrpt.cwr. Then I get the following error:

The report you are trying to access (ID = 124) has recently been removed from the server, it never existed, or you do not have the right to see this report. Please select a different report. [On Page Server: HOSTSERVER.cacheserver]

When I view the reports from Crystal Enterprise's ePortfolio or the Control Management Console I don't have any problems! What is wrong? Any help would be apreciated
:)

What likely happened is that when you re-published the reports to the new server, a new object ID was created for the report that you are trying to view.

TO ensure this doesn't happen, you should dynamically get the object id instead of hardcoding it.

If you drag your mouse over the report in eportfolio you will see the object id at the buttom of the browser window -or you can use the CSP query builder to find out what the ID is for the object.

The problem is not that I have hardcoded the id's of the reports. The only thing I copied was the csp-files I generated and they do not contain hardcoded id's og path's. I re-published the reports I wanted to see, but the problem also came when I tried to view the sampel reports installed by the Crystal Enterprise installation! Thats whats confusing me. :eek:)

It has to be something else...

SUCCESS!

Found the problem!

As "IdRatherBeGolfing" sugested the problem did reside in a hardcoded reference. It was not id's or path's no it was in one file where the name of the APS had been hardcoded, and as a result of this the name was wrong when I changed the server.

So now everything is working fine again and I can be happy :)

/Lars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back