Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

viewing specific information

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolage

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2005
hey all here is a question for you,

How do I view create dates or creators(owners) of specific objects in the database such as:

Tables
Stored Procedures
Views

what I'm lookinf for, is there a way to find out who created that new table and when they created it??

thanks in advance,

koolage

In SQL 2005, CreateDate and ModifyDate of objects can be found by using the System Catalog view SYS.All_Objects or SYS.Objects, but I don't see any place they list the login that created them. Your best bet for "ownership" is to look at the schema they were created under and hope you're using schema that relates back to the people who owned them.

SQL 2000 uses sysobjects, but again, there is no login ID attached to this information.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"No, no. Yes. No, I tried that. Yes, both ways. No, I don't know. No again. Are there any more questions?"
-- Xena, "Been There, Done That"

Your best bet, BTW, is to create a Profiler trace or (better yet) an internal database way of auditing these things.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"No, no. Yes. No, I tried that. Yes, both ways. No, I don't know. No again. Are there any more questions?"
-- Xena, "Been There, Done That"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back