Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing Reports from EPortfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

savi

Programmer
Oct 17, 2002
US
Hi
When I tried to view reports from eportfolio, reports asking data base logon and password. We need to pass on these logon id and password through URL when we click view instead of entering in Database logon screen. I think we can do from our own CSP pages with UID and PWD through URL by URL Commands, but I am curious about from eportpolio report listing screen.
you guys have any idea about this? Really apprecitaed your help.

ePortfolio is a *secure application*, with a login, so you can embed the database connectivity into each report as you bring them in (or afterwards) using the CMC. Force the initial login and allow the a user/group/folder/object security model to limit what your users have access to.

You can click on the Database tab in the report object while in CMC and set it there.

Now use the security model to determine what reports they see, rather than show them reports that they don't have access to.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Hi synapsevampire,

Thanks for your response.

since I am new for CE, could you please just tell me with some short description how can I use security model.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back