Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

viewing phone numbers in Windows Explorer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldtooth

Technical User
Feb 18, 2009
GB
Having created my own website, I find that, in one of the pages, the phone numbers disappear quickly when it is opened (in Explorer). If I edit the phone numbers so there is no gap between the two parts i.e. from ????? ?????? to ??????????? then the number does not disappear. What is causing this? Is it some setting on my pc? My operating system is Vista, The Website software I use is Dreamweaver, and the FTP I use is FileZilla.

Give us a link to the website or we are just guessing

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

I can't reproduce the behaviour you are seeing in IE6, IE7, FF3, Safari or Chrome, so it may be something on your machine. I realise you have posted this question in the DW forum, but I notice that it looks like an export from Word, so it's unlikely to work properly in any case. Have a look at the 893 errors on the page at to see why.

As a general rule for any layout issues you should run the validator on the page and correct the issues it raises before doing anything else.

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

Thanks, johnwm. Good lord, 893 errors! As you say, I suppose this is the result of saving the original table, in Word, as a Web Page and bringing it in to Dreamweaver. I'm not sure what I should be looking for in these error messages, but there is a "clean Up Word HTML" option in my version of Dreamweaver (MX 2004) which I will try. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back